IT ALL BEGAN IN 1932…
George Hall started the George T. Hall Company in 1932 with his mother as a small distributor of trailers and butane heaters in West Los Angeles. They soon grew to be one of the largest trailer distributors in Southern California.
As business grew, customers would frequently call for replacement parts and oil heater repair issues. Frustrated with the availability with parts and service times, George Hall started a controls distribution and repair division in 1948. By 1955, the distribution business had increased so significantly that they discontinued the trailer business.
George Hall retired on October 1, 1975, after running the George T. Hall Company for 43 years. At that time, leadership was passed to Chuck Niemann who continues to run the company as President to this day.
In September 2006, GTH acquired Applied Industrial Controls Corporation (AIC), a Systems Integrator with offices in Reno and Las Vegas, Nevada. AIC, in business since 1978, focused on industrial automation and was also well known for the high quality control panels built in their 10,000 square foot facility in Sparks. AIC’s work can be found across the United States as well as Mexico, China, and Taiwan. This expertise allowed George T. Hall to grow into the System Integration company we are today.
When George Hall started the company, he often referred to it as “the house that service built.” We work each day to live up to his legacy of customer service, technical support, and continuous improvement.