|Panel Technician: Sparks, NV |
This position is: Full time
Salary: Commensurate based on experience
Position Location: Reno/Sparks, NV
General Purpose of the Position:
The function of this position is to build control panels according to specific panel design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Manufacture control panels according to CAD drawings and bill of materials. Monitor control panel during manufacture for quality issues. Wire manufactured panels according to CAD drawings and monitor for operational issues. Work closely with supervisor and control technicians during the build process to ensure an efficient product. Document changes made during the build process for final ‘as built’ drawing.
- Work with co-workers to provide cross-checking or guidance of panel manufacture.
- Prepare finished control panels for shipment.
- Maintain inventory levels of frequently used materials and order items as needed. Unload inbound material from trucks.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized shop area.
Supervisory Responsibilities:Decision-Making Authority:
- Rely on experience and training to make minor decisions regularly. Refer to Supervisor for direction on decisions of significant impact.
- Ability to stand or use stool at an oversized table the majority of the day
- Ability to lean over table to complete build of center areas of the panel
- Ability to maneuver through office and shop area
- Ability to lift items up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladder to shelf heights to retrieve or store product
- Ability to use hand tools and test instruments
Education and Experience Required:
- Basic knowledge of electrical concepts
- Proficient of Microsoft Word and Excel as well as Windows XP / 7 knowledge
Strong commitment to accuracy and detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Additional skills desired (not required)
- Certificate or Associates degree in electrical systems, control theory, HVAC, or other relevant discipline
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Basic understanding of AC and DC power
- Understanding of industrial control systems and products
- Knowledge of PLCs and PLC programming
- Testing, troubleshooting, and calibrating skills desirable
- 401K program with employer matching
- Health, dental & vision benefits
- PTO up to 3 weeks per year