The George T. Hall Company, a leader in Systems Integration and Distribution for Industrial, Combustion and Building Controls in California & Nevada, is searching for a Panel Technician for our Sparks, Nevada office. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, organized and able to work in a team environment.
The primary function of the Panel Technician is to efficiently assemble and wire control panels for George T. Hall Company.
Proficient with: Hand tools (for electrical, mechanical, and plumbing work) and power tool including: drills, saws, compressors, and grinders. Also basic use of MS Windows and MS Excel will be required. Preferred knowledge also includes: knowledge of basic electrical principals, reading schematics, industrial products, familiarity with industrial standards in organizations like UL, CE, ISO, and ISA.
Essential Job Duties:
• Mechanical and electrical assembly of industrial control panels. This includes: cutting holes in panels, drilling and tapping metal, measuring for layout design, painting, and wiring
• Perform quality control procedures
• Perform field work, installation, and/or start-up assistance with Manufacturing Manager or Control System Specialist, as required
• Troubleshoot various electrical and mechanical problems on panels being assembled, or panels being serviced
• Engraving stainless steel and phenolic labels
• Assembly shipping crates
• Load shop trucks and/or delivery trucks with panels and equipment
• Assist in shipping, receiving, and delivery of parts and equipment
• Work in conjunction with Project Engineers and Industrial Control Technicians
• Assist with maintaining stocked parts
• Provide a team attitude
• Obey and enforce company safety policies
• Capable of moving heavy equipment and lifting 75 pounds
• Other duties as assigned
Marginal Job Duties:
• Odd jobs as assigned by supervisor
• General cleaning and maintenance of building and/or panel shop area
• Operate the forklift within the boundaries set forth by GTH for safe operation
After fulfilling eligibility requirements, full time employees are eligible to enroll in company medical, dental and vision plans as well as participate in the 401K plan. The company contributes a substantial portion of the costs of healthcare benefits and provides a matching contribution to the 401K plan based on company profitability.